Laboramus Ubique - We Work Everywhere
1 Construction Regiment was established in 1957 as the Mobile Battalion, which in 1959 became the Mobile Watch. In 1964 it eventually became 1 Composite Construction Regiment and in 1967 the 1 Construction Regiment. It was disbanded in 1968, but re-established as a Permanent force unit at the end of 1976 at Marievale near Springs. After 1977, it confined its activities to the operational area of South West Africa.