From the 20th of August 1981 all the different battle groups moved to the rendezvous areas which were located in the vicinities of Ruacana and Ombalantu. The Ratels travelled to Ruacana using a detour along the edge of the Etosha pan in a northerly direction.
The last components reached the rendezvous on. the 23rd of August 1981 and the deployment was as follows:
- Battle Group 10 at Ruacana.
- Battle Group 20 in the Ombalantu vicinity.
- Battle Group 30 in the Ombalantu vicinity.
- Battle Group 40 in the Ombalantu vicinity.
- Task Force HQ in Ombalantu vicinity.
Register to read more...