The forces available to Battle Group 61 were divided into six combat teams:
- Combat Team 1, commanded by Major P.S. “Paul” Fouche.
- Combat Team 2, commanded by Captain L.J. “Louis” Harmse,.
- Combat Team 3, commanded by Captain D.J.F. “Jakes” Jacobs.
- Combat Team 4, commanded by Captain Mack Alexander.
- Combat Team 5, commanded by Captain Piet Nel.
- Combat Team 6, the reserve combat team, commanded by Major J.A.B. Swart.
- Medium Artillery Battery, commanded by Major T.J. “Tobie” Vermaak.
- A Echelon, under WO1 M.C. Barnard.
- Battle Group Headquarters with Major J.N.R Botha as Second-In-Command.
Register to read more...